Held on 13th January at Our Tampines Hub, SG Cares Carnival brings together Mediacorp artists, volunteers, beneficiaries, social enterprises and community groups to celebrate the nation’s efforts of caring.
APSN was privileged to represent the Social Service sector in the ‘SG Cares Canvas’ segment. ‘SG Cares Canvas’ showcased 4 canvases created by the different communities, which creatively expressed what caring means to them. The programme was graced by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, Minister Desmond Lee, Minister Heng Swee Kiat, Minister Grace Fu and Speaker of Parliament Tan Chuan Jin.
At the event, Mr Gary Lim, Deputy CEO of APSN, also shared the significance of the artwork created by the APSN trainees, as well as APSN’s hopes for SG Cares. “Our vision is for every person to be empowered to live with dignity in a caring and inclusive society. As illustrated by the banyan tree, the core of it all, right from the seed to the primary trunk in the banyan tree, is a caring heart – that is the essence of SG Cares.”
Some of the event coverage includes:
- 13 January 2018, News 5, Channel 5 News
(video from 20:00 to 21:56)
- 13 January 2018, CNA Singapore Tonight, ChannelNewsAsia
(video from 8:16 to 10:24)
- 13 January 2018, Suria, Suria Berita
(video from 15:40 to 17:05)
- 13 January 2018, Vasantham Tamil Seithi, Vasantham
(video from 1:00 to 2:09)
Print and Online Article
- 14 January 2018, The Straits Times, New SG Cares app to make volunteering easier
- 14 January 2014, Lianhe Zaobao, 响应关爱新加坡号召 100万国人加入义工行
- 13 January 2014, Berita Harian, Karnival SG Cares anjuran Mediacorp alu-alukan kerja sukarela