APSN Learning Hub
APSN provides courses in the areas of disability, mental health and wellness, and social inclusion. We aim to develop the knowledge and capabilities of various stakeholders in the community so that we can strive towards a more inclusive society.
We are working towards becoming an Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) and converting our courses into Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) courses by 2024. As an ATO, APSN will be able to provide value-added training by offering WSQ and non-WSQ courses to caregivers, employers, partners, volunteers and other professionals in the disability sector.
Intellectual Disability: Person-Centred Lifespan Support (Classroom and Asynchronous E-learning)
This 2-day course aims to provide attendees with a fundamental understanding of intellectual disability, the diagnostic criteria, and the support needed for persons with intellectual disability across the life span.
Attendees will also learn principles guiding transition support such as person-centeredness, individualised transition support, and self-determination to improve quality of life.
- Describe the key characteristics and overview of intellectual disability.
- Identify possible comorbidities in persons with intellectual disability.
- Examine misconceptions surrounding persons with intellectual disability.
- Compare the support needed for persons with intellectual disability at different life stages.
- Interpret the risk factors surrounding persons with intellectual disability.
- Apply complementary strategies when communicating with persons with intellectual disability.
- Choose strategies that are appropriate for caregivers to journey with persons with intellectual disability.
Upon completion of the course, attendees will be able to communicate effectively with persons with intellectual disability and have knowledge of key guiding principles to support persons with intellectual disability in their learning and development.
Training venue (classroom learning):
Lifelong Learning Institute
11 Eunos Road 8
Click here to learn more or register for the course.
Connect with Us
To find out more about APSN Learning Hub and the courses offered, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.