TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Participants are only allowed to register for themselves.
- The run is open to all persons who are residents of Singapore and residing in Singapore for the duration of the event.
- Participants acknowledge that they are only eligible to win lucky draw prizes once they have registered with us and have submitted their results.
- Participants consent to being approached by Association for Persons with Special Needs’ Corporate Communications Team for media interviews and any material leading to the promotion of the event.
- Participants declare that they are physically fit and capable of participating in this event. They are not aware of any medical condition or impairment that will prevent participation in this event or will affect their health by participation.
- Participants accept that joining this event is at their own risk and they accept that participating in this event may involve real risk of injury or death.
- Participants acknowledge that the registration fee, once paid is non-refundable.
- APSN reserves the sole discretion to exclude any person from participating in the event without prior notice nor obligation to furnish reasons.
- Participants indemnify the event organiser, sponsors, and employees involved in this event directly or indirectly against all liability for any and all injury, loss or damage as a result of participation in the event.
- Participant registration is non-transferrable.
- Participants acknowledge that this is a virtual run and that the organisers will not provide volunteers, marshals or medical personnel assistance to any participant.
- Participants are to complete the run without the aid of personal mobility devices, bicycles, and other forms of transportation devices.
- Participants with mobility issues are to complete the run without the use of motorised wheelchairs.
- For safety, it is strongly recommended that child participants are to be accompanied by an adult.
- Participants are free to select the location, date and time of the run so long as the period falls within the stipulated time frame of the event.
- Participants are permitted to use treadmills to complete their run.
- Submission entries are valid as long as the submission is completed within the stipulated time frame of the event between 1 Feb 0000hours to 15 Mar 2359hours, GMT+8.
- Participants are to complete all required fields in the submission form.
- Participants are allowed to submit their information only once.
- Any duplicate submissions by the same participant shall see the earlier submission taken as the original while the duplicate record is removed.
- Personal information includes any data or information about you (which includes your name, photographs, voice/ video recordings, medical data and other information about you) (“Personal Information”).
- You agree that the Personal Information relating to you can be stored, used by us and our partners in connection with the organization, staging and administration of the event and the APSN Charity Virtual Run 2018 event.
- You agree that the Personal Information relating to you may be anonymised and the anonymised data may be used by us and our partners in connection with the compilation of statistical information.
- You agree that the Personal Information relating to you can be used by us and our partners for the purposes of:
- processing your participation in APSN Charity Virtual Run 2018 event; and
- sending you information, news and any other form of communication relating to our programmes, services and events; and
- the promotion and marketing of APSN Charity Virtual Run 2018, and
- adding you to a mailing list to keep you informed about any future events and services which we believe you might be interested in, such as similar activities or activities relating to similar types of events; and
- promotional and marketing material in respect of similar events, other community based activities organised by us and/or our partners; and
- promotional and communication materials disseminated through various channels and platforms for publicity, marketing and distribution to our partners. These may be in the form of newsletters, annual reports, corporate website and social media; and
- statistical and planning purposes.
- If you would not like us or our partners to use the Personal Information other than for purposes related to your participation in the Run, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In particular in relation to photographs, you agree to the publication of such photographs and their use by us and our partners in any way which we may see fit now or in the future including but not limited to display on our website and inclusion in other publications and publicity materials.
- The lucky draw is opened to all participants who have registered for the virtual run and completed at least 2km.
- Participants must submit a photo of their completed run as evidence to verify their claimed distance and duration.
- Participants who do not have an accompanying photo will be deemed to not qualify for the lucky draw.
- Participants will be grouped into 3 categories based on the distance completed.
- Each category entitles them a chance to win the prizes listed.
- The prizes are not transferable nor exchangeable for cash or any other items or goods and services. We will not entertain any request for the exchange of prizes.
- APSN reserves the sole and absolute discretion and without prior notice or assigning any reason, to withdraw, change or substitute any prizes with another of similar value.
- The images of prizes on all marketing materials are for illustration purposes only. Actual products may be different from the images shown.
- The prizes are provided on an “as is”, “with all faults” and “as available” basis. We do not warrant, represent or guarantee the usability or quality of the prizes, or that the claims made by the manufacturers, distributors and/or service providers of the prizes are accurate. To the fullest extent permitted by the law, we disclaim all warranties (whether express or implied) including but not limited to warranties that the prizes will meet the prize winners’ requirements, warranties of satisfactory quality, warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. All warranty claims with regard to a prize shall be directed to the applicable manufacturer/service provider and not to us.
- The winners of the lucky draw shall be announced through APSN social media platforms and notified by APSN staff through the contact number or email address provided by the winners in their registration for the event.
- Winners must claim their prizes by 31st May 2018 on Mondays to Fridays (except Public Holidays) between 9am to 5pm at Association for Persons with Special Needs, Centre for Adults (11 Jalan Ubi, Block 4, #01-31 Kembangan-Chai Chee Community Hub Singapore 409074). All prizes remaining unclaimed by 5pm, 31st May 2018 for any reason whatsoever shall be forfeited and disposed of at our sole discretion and no resulting claims whatsoever (whether for prize, payment or compensation) shall be entertained.
- Winners must produce the necessary proof of identity as we may require e.g. NRIC or work permit pass, etc., which should correspond with the winners’ submission entry of NRIC/FIN. Any misrepresentation of any fact or particulars (which we deem material) shall result in disqualification and/or forfeiture, withholding, withdrawal or reclaiming of any prizes won.
- Winners below 17 years of age shall be accompanied by a parent or guardian during prize collection and the parent or guardian shall acknowledge receipt of the prize on behalf of the minor.
- APSN reserves the right to video, photograph and/or record a winner’s name, image, voice and details and to use, display, reproduce, publish, adapt or modify the recordings, photographs and like personal information taken in connection with or arising from the event, and for publicity of the event without having to pay any fee or compensation to the winner.
- APSN reserves the right to cancel the event and to amend or change the terms and conditions under this section at any time for whatever reason and without giving prior notice to the participants. Any such change to the terms and conditions shall take effect immediately and shall bind all participants of the event including those who have submitted entries before the date of the change.
- APSN’s decision regarding the award of all prizes, and/or in every situation including any not covered in this section, shall be final and binding on all participants of the event, and no queries, challenges or appeals may be made or entertained regarding our decision on the same. The receipt by any winner of any prize in this event is conditional upon compliance with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- APSN shall not be liable in any way and shall be indemnified and held harmless, fully and effectively, by each participant entering the event and upon winners accepting the prizes, against and from any and all claims by any participant, winner or third party for any injuries, losses or damages to property or person of any kind in respect of, in connection with and/or arising from participation in the event or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes.
- The use of the name “Association for Persons with Special Needs” and its logo, as well as any photographs and/or information of APSN’s beneficiaries and staff, shall not be used or reproduced in any way for any print or electronic publication, media, and merchandise, or for any other purpose, commercial or otherwise, without the express permission of APSN.
- These Terms & Conditions are correct at the time of writing, and APSN reserves the right to update and/or change any of these Terms & Conditions without prior notice. By entering the APSN Charity Virtual Run 2018, you are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. Any breach of these Terms & Conditions by you will void your entry. If a breach of the Terms & Conditions is only discovered after the prize has been awarded, APSN may require the return of the prize.